Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12th, 2011

Today was another PBL day! We started off our morning with a long morning meeting and then we went into PBL time. Most, if not all, of our morning consisted of creating a grading rubric for our projects. Nathan and I got together and summarized our group google document, and then we all got together and helped create a rubric. We had a quick brain break inside (because its so cold outside), and then worked on our rubric some more. Right before lunch, we had to write two blogs. The first was just posting what Nathan and I summed up and the second was a definition for metacognition. Then it was time for lunch and kickball.

After lunch, kickball, and music... we came back to school and started working on our project planning form. We answered three out of five questions and will finish it on Friday.

After today's work, I feel pretty good about our rubric and planning projects (Because I know that Nathan and mine will be awesome! haha). Towards lunch I was having trouble focusing after spending so much time on the grading rubric, but hopefully it will be great when we are finished.

The next steps that we are going to take is to finish our project planning form and meet with one of the facilitators to discuss our project. Nathan and I's standard is about World War II.

Overall, I feel like we had a very successful PBL day, and now I will go home and work on my FLVS homework.

1 comment:

  1. Hunter,

    All three of your posts to day are very detailed and reflective.

    I really enjoyed the diagram that you included in your post about meta-cognition. What do you think that it means to be a meta-cognitive learner?

    Your project is going to be awesome! I love the energy that you and Nathan have.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete